Old January 11th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Litzendraht

Default NC-190 Ferrite Filter questions

Yes, they are just coils that are enclosed in ferrite pot cores to
make them "Hi-Q". You have found the threaded rods sticking out each
side. This is how you vary the frequency of each coil.

The last time I fooled with it, I recall that it had a pretty wide
tuning range up and down from 230 kc. Each coil winding has a dipped
silver mica cap across it's terminals underneath. I can't imagine those
caps drifting in value.

I agree with Don that you should probably align it in the "narrow
"position. Is it .6 kc? I think.

How accurate is your test equipment?

John