Old January 12th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Measuring filter shape factor

On 11 Jan 2006 17:12:45 -0800, wrote:

Sine-wave measurements are more precise. My test is very close to real
life since it is testing the entire signal path, i.e. from antenna
input to audio output. I couldn't find the connector I made that taps
the line output, so I used the earphone output.

I have audio test gear that uses random noise with FFT analysis, in
addition to a swept sine. You always get more accurate results with a
swept sine. FFT analysis is only used when you need speed.

As you will notice from the graphical output, the noise floor is quite
high. I may do the test again BTW, you need a decent distortion
analyser for

I built one of those Heathkit H-P 334A clones. Took me 3 days. Had
to leave it behind when I resigned.