Old January 13th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Ron Baker, Pluralitas!

Default CODAR v DRM: Which do you find to be a greater annoyance?

"junius" wrote in message
ups.com...
An open question to any and all RRS participants: When scanning the
bands on SW, which do you find to be the greater annoyance: CODAR or
DRM?

As one who enjoys tropical band DXing, I'd say CODAR is the worse of
the two.

junius

Well, CODARs typically use 150 kHz or so.
That makes them kind of obnoxious.
DRM isn't typically a wide signal, is it?
Typically it is no wider than a normal AM
signal, right?

I can't say I've heard many DRM signals
on shortwave. There is one local MW AM
station that appears to be using it.
At what freq is there a regular DRM broadcast on
SW?

And I'm guessing DRM is not popular with
SWLs because unless one has a decent SNR
one gets nothing but noise?
And thus it is no good for DX?

--
rb