Old January 14th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default RTTY frequecy lists?

In article ,
"Steve" wrote:

I've been out of short wave listening for a very long time.
Just restored an old Hammerlund SP-600, and am getting
interested again. In the late 1960's, I really enjoyed monitoring
international RTTY (mostly news) broadcasts? Is there still
'standard' (60 WPM, 100 WPM) activity? Does anyone have a list of
frequencies?

No more RTTY news services on SW. The last people to use SW RTTY for
news was the commies, China, North Korea, Cuba and Libya were some of
the last.

Sometimes the worlds militaries broadcast non-encrypted to start up
links and some airports might have some traffic. There used to be some
weather reporting in RTTY from airports and maritime services. Hams use
it sometimes. I forget what they call the mode but there is an automatic
digital broadcasts from airliners on HF. Still some weather faxing
occurring over the air that I hear.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California