Old January 14th 06, 01:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Electrical "Tie Wraps" Usage Outdoors Question

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:10:31 -0800, Justice Gustine
wrote:

"Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

I expect to put up a simple receive only antenna using a fair number of
"Tie-Wraps" to hold the wire against a few standoffs and supports.

I am not sure, but I guess the HD variety, or T&Betts brand, of Tie-Wraps
are made from Nylon ?
But really not sure.

How well do these generally hold up outdoors ?

Do they become brittle and decompose (a bit) after a while and break ?

Are there better types available ?
etc. ?

Much thanks,
Bob

Just agreeing with other posts - black UV rated hold up well outdoors.
T&B is a very good brand.

Don't use natural nylon or neon ones. Don't cinch them down so tight
that they alter the diameter of the coax.

Does Thomas and Betts still make them? Tyton is good.