Old January 15th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
an_old_friend

Default Any CDR's known to work with old CD drives???

Gudmundur wrote:
Hi folks,

Problem is this, My old Panasonic CF-41 laptop works great with
my GPS/APRS goodies, but the internal cd drive doesn't seem to
want to read CDR's. This was a common problem with older 4x and
slower drives. I suspect the internal drive is a 4 speed and working
to original specs perfectly.

Have you found any CDR's that consistantly seem to work with old
drives?

having dealt a bit with similar problem I think your problem may be
more with the controling software than the writing drive

XP esp is not a good choice

look for one the older cd burning programs and try bruning the at 1x
speed

At home I hook my BackPack cd drive up to the laptop and all is well,
but on the road that is not an option.

Thanks for any leads!