Old September 23rd 03, 05:00 PM
Cecil Moore

G. Doughty wrote:
I have a 10m dipole in the attic connected to my ic718. Is it possible to tune
it to 20m using the mfj 901b that I have? Does the dipole need to be 20m
length and then tuned down or can tuners tune to a resonance higher than that
of the existing dipole. I do not have a balun on it. On 10m I have an SWR of
1:1

You have a problem. Extend the dipole to 33ft and use it on 20m-10m by
feeding it with ladder-line. Use a 1:1 choke/balun between the tuner
and the ladder-line.

I have a 33ft rotatable dipole fed with 300 ohm window-line. It works
very well on all bands between 20m and 10m.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp