Old January 16th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
jimg

Default Near Field Calculations

I'm trying to squeeze a 75m inverted V into my backyard. My
neighborhood is your basic suburban ghetto so there isn't much room
between homes (like 10m behind me and less to either side).
Anyway, am using EZNEC4 to get an idea of how much power I can run. I
am worried about the neighbors exposure level. EZNEC has a serious
disclaimer about using the program to determine compliance. I
understand the vagaries in accurately modeling the near field and I
understand that the author does need law suits. On the other hand, I
want an idea of how much trouble I have and if I need to buy an
accurate field meter (or if I need to move!). Anyway, the disclaimer
makes it sound as if EZNEC4 is worrthless. I assume that it is as
accurate as the inputs and assumptions. Right?

On the other hand, if your worried about exposure levels, what do you
do to bracket the problem?

jimg
jimg
Oregon