Old January 19th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

Default Power supplies

Any suggestions for regulators that will handle a max 48 volt
VCC?. I have 3 transformers that output 35 VAC at a few amps.
I'd like to build some 13.8 VDC supplies. Seems 723's and 317's
are maxxed at 40 volts. I see 317HV's that are good to a VCC
of 60 volts. The large pass transistors from PC power supplies
are good for 10 amps and the smaller ones make good buffers.
Each stage drops .7 volts, so maybe I can go back to the old
zener diode/resistor regulator trick. A buffer and output would
give a final 13.6 volts.