Old January 19th 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
xpyttl

Default Astron Power Supply problem

Astron linear supplies use a 3 terminal regulator, usually an LM317. These
things do tend to fail from time to time. Can't tell if that's your
problem, but it is likely, and the things are cheap enough it's worth
popping a new one in to find out.

"Kerry Miller" wrote in message
I've got a problem with my Astron RS-20 power supply. With no load, it's
fine, but anything above 4amps or so makes it drop way down and my rig
drops out of lock. I haven't measured it under load but the rig works ok
to 10 or 11 volts so it must be dropping below that.

I found a schematic and downloaded it, all the voltages are fairly close
to what it says on the schematic with no load, I haven't made any
measurements with a load on it. I'll pick up a headlight tomorrow to put
a load on it and make more measurements.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Kerry, WD5ABC