Old January 19th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Darkington 'Starsky' Starr

Default 2-way SW Radio Pirates - anyone on?

Hi all,

Every once in a while I hear "Radio Sierra Papa", on 6925 kHz
following a pirate broadcast, announcing suggested 2-way pirate/outlaw
HF comms. on: 13.555 MHz USB, 6.670 MHz LSB, and 3.475 MHz LSB.

I've actually gotten on the 6 MHz frequency and once had a nice
contact with another station who heard the same announcements. Has
anyone else tried to make contact with any stations on those
frequencies? I've been unable to raise anyone on the 3 MHz frequency,
and also on the 13 MHz freq. I have heard some rather strange signals
on 13.555, though, during the daytime. Some of them sound like
beacons or something. And the other day there was this Spanish
speaking man broadcasting on AM (the signal was FM'ing something
awful) on 13.555.

Just curious if anyone else has tried to contact fellow radio nuts
(like me) on any of those freqs... perhaps weekends are the best time
for finding activity? Someone said the 3 and 6 MHz freqs. are known
as "Charlie Echo" calling channels in EU. Similar to outbanding
CB'ers or something. Interesting.

Regards,

"Starsky"

Listening U.S.A. daytime: 13.555 MHz USB
Listening U.S.A. evenings: 6.670 MHz LSB
Listening U.S.A. nights: 3.475 MHz LSB
All above monitoring subject to propagation variations.
(And when I'm not elsewhere in the HF spectrum doing
other things. .... .. )