Old January 20th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
U-Know-Who

Default Power supplies

"james" wrote in message
On 19 Jan 2006 13:39:54 -0800, "Professor"
wrote:

+James is certainly right... if you plan to draw much current from your
+supply... you may have make other arrangements then just dropping all
+that voltage. That thing will be a real furnace.
+
+Professor
+www.telstar-electronics.com

*****

I was once thinking of using a transformer that had a secondary
voltage of 36VAC and use pass transistors I had in my spare box. I
wanted to use a T0-220 case NPN and the design required the use of 8
of them in order to lower the heat dissapation per transistor. That
changed my mind and ended up usign a different transformer.

james

Usually, transformers can be found more reasonably priced than
semiconductors of high current ratings, especially surplus!