Old January 20th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Miller

Default HF-Ground

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:31:32 -0600, "Charlie" wrote:

I used about 1300 ft of insulated copper wire for my 72 radials.

So they're about 18 feet long, giving you a short, dense pattern?

bob
k5qwg

I chose to
pin mine to the ground witrh fenc e staples. I did this work in the dead of
winter. I then also covered them with a thin layer of soil. Come spring the
grass grows and the radials are hidden and beneath the applied soil layer so
as to not interfere with the lawn mower.

Pictures of my installation for my Hustler 5BTV at this web page

1. http://www.ad5th.com/5-BTV.html