Old January 20th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

Default Regen receiver

On 1/20/06 1:09 PM, in article zkcAf.38$Me5.31@trnddc05, "Dale Parfitt"
wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
I have posted the schematic and parts list of a 50s regenerative receiver
(224 K) on a.b.s.e., which I received from Colin, K7fm, This receiver has
been discussed on boatanchors.

It is part of a construction article, now a 4.7M pdf file, which I will
post
if there is any interest for it. The project receiver is fairly typical
of
what someone in the 50s might build as a shortwave listening receiver, or
for a beginning ham radio receiver.

To pique your interest, the detector uses what is a modified Hartley
circuit
using an unusual selection of tube.

In the .pdf file, there is a 5Y3 tube power supply schematic, of 50s
overkill design.

Don

Hi Don,
I am in the midst of collectinf the parts just now. I'll post the finished
receiver in a couple of months.

73,

Dale W4OP

That will be great. I think there is a better tube for the detector, but I
haven't pulled the charts yet.... 6BA6 comes to mind. Besides, 6 Boat Anchor
6 sounds fitting.

Don