Old January 21st 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bill Turner

Default Astron Power Supply problem

Kerry Miller wrote:

Have any of you guys tried the new switching power supplies? I've
seen the one at Radio Shack (claims 25a but I doubt it), MFJ and
Astron but haven't ever used one. I normally just run 1 HF rig (max
100w) and a small VHF rig (max 25w) for packet. Is a switcher solid
and reliable enough for something like that? I've considered getting
something like that and rebuilding the Astron when I can get the
parts.

You might be able to find a good deal on an Icom PS-125 switching power
supply. Icom had a promotion where they gave one away with each
purchase of an IC-746PRO. A lot of guys bought the '746 but didn't need
the power supply and I've seen many for sale as a result. I have one
and it's a great supply. I'm keeping mine :-) Check rec.radio.swap and
eBay.

Bill, W6WRT