Old January 22nd 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gb

Default Pulling Cable in Conduit

"jimbo" wrote in message
. ..
I am getting close to pulling some cable through a 1 1/4 inch PVC conduit
that runs about 20 feet from the third floor attic to the basement. The
contractor claims the conduit is a "straight shot" with no bends. I have
three LMR240 cables with PL259 connectors on each end. And I would also
like to pull a 450 ohm length of ladder line. (Measures about 1 inch.) And
I would like to pull at least two 16 gage insulated control wires.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, jimbo

A Google search should get you the electrical handbooks and codes (e.g.
NEC ) for the maximum fill for each conduit size. As a rough rule NEVER
fill a conduit more than 70% to 75%.

gb