Old January 22nd 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery

Default Pulling Cable in Conduit

"gb" wrote in message
"jimbo" wrote in message
. ..
I am getting close to pulling some cable through a 1 1/4 inch PVC conduit
that runs about 20 feet from the third floor attic to the basement. The
contractor claims the conduit is a "straight shot" with no bends. I have
three LMR240 cables with PL259 connectors on each end. And I would also
like to pull a 450 ohm length of ladder line. (Measures about 1 inch.)

And
I would like to pull at least two 16 gage insulated control wires.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, jimbo

A Google search should get you the electrical handbooks and codes (e.g.
NEC ) for the maximum fill for each conduit size. As a rough rule NEVER
fill a conduit more than 70% to 75%.

The NEC is mostly for wires for the AC lines. It will not apply for the
antenna wires.

The ladder line is not going to work too well in the conduit with the other
wire. There is a minimum distance that it should be placed from other
conductors.