Old January 22nd 06, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
jimbo

Default Pulling Cable in Conduit

wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:29:29 -0700, jimbo wrote:

I am getting close to pulling some cable through a 1 1/4 inch PVC
conduit that runs about 20 feet from the third floor attic to the
basement. The contractor claims the conduit is a "straight shot" with
no bends. I have three LMR240 cables with PL259 connectors on each
end. And I would also like to pull a 450 ohm length of ladder line.
(Measures about 1 inch.) And I would like to pull at least two 16 gage
insulated control wires.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, jimbo

Tape each cable/PL259 in series behind each other to lower width. I
don't think the ladder line will work too well if you want to use it
for transmitting.

---KenW

Thanks for the replies. The ladder line would be used when the other
lines were not being used. Does the proximity of other unpowered lines
affect the ladder line operation for receive and transmit?

Thanks, jimbo