Old January 22nd 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wes Stewart

Default 8405a working and measuring resonance?

On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 09:29:38 -0800, dansawyeror
wrote:

Frank,

Your comment about my post is correct upon analysis it is not relevant.

I am trying to identify the resonance frequency of an antenna. When that point
is found I am trying to measure the input impedance (should be R + 0j).

Assuming 50 Ohm source and cable, the smith chart shows for lengths of cable
terminated in values other the 50 Ohms, say 25R 0j, those points will plot of a
constant SWR = 2 circle.

Only when the cable Zo = 50 +j0.