Old May 23rd 04, 01:21 AM
Bob Bob

As much as I'd like to sell you my old TNC220....

A few thoughts;

- Wondering why you specifically want a TNC..
- If the PC has a sound interface consider using a "soundmodem" driver.
ie drive the radio from the speaker and listen on the line input. (with
suitable isolation and level control.
- Use the parallel or serial port to drive a Baycom style modem. ie a
single chip and XTAL from memory. (eg
http://www.qsl.net/iz7ath/web/03_dig.../pag01_eng.htm)

Then again you have probably heard all these arguments before!

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

Please invert everything left of the @ to reply wrote:
Looking to buy used a small TNC, to connect a small notebook PC and a Yaesu
VX-5R. Everything (1 kg notebook, its 12v power adapter, TNC, X-5R with
its 12vDC power adapter) must fit in my briefcase with room to spare.

You kind on-topic assistance is appreciated.