Old January 23rd 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gb

Default Pulling Cable in Conduit

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ever try to "pull conductors" through conduit when this rule is NOT

followed ??

I have, it's pain .. in the xxxx.
Easy read and math calculations are minimal with tables supplied ---

number
of conductors and O.D. versus the I.D. on conduit.

Yes, I have. I work at a large industral plant. Some of the wire I have
pulled has been in 1 inch conduit that was probably 90% full of # 12 wire
already. Still needed to get another pair of wires through that. I have
cut a couple of wires in the conduit and used them to pull in wire to
replace them and two new wires. No room in the conduit to push a snake
through and pull the new wire in. Use lots of the wire pulling grease.
Most of the wires are control wires and only have about an amp or less on
them. We are not worried about overheating the wires in the conduit, but
need to add new control circuits to a 40 year old plant. As you said it
is
a pain.

Ha ha ha .. well we did follow up work behind the same guy !! :-)

Sadly, the grease did not help in one of my situations with 3/4" conduit ..
had to finally tear out of wall and then replace with 2 conduits for the
wire runs.

gb