Old January 22nd 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Highland Ham

Default Fair market value of salvaged parts.

One way, I suppose, would be to ask how much a disinterested party like
yourself(s)
would be willing to pay. Another, I suppose, would be to treat each
part as a piece of
clothing and assign it 1/2 to 1/4 retail value as a used article.

Opinions?

The quality of components from scrapped equipment can be doubtful
,especially when the said components are removed while being exposed to a
high temperature.
I do use components from scrapped equipment ,but only when I remove them
myself ,knowing how hot they were upon removal . If removal sometimes takes
rather long time , I discard the freed components .
Moreover I always check freed components for stability and if OK only use
them for simple (auxilliary) equipment.
Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH