Old January 23rd 06, 11:02 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Big Rich Soprano

Default Field strength ant.

I have a couple of field strength meters that have missing and or broken
antennas. Are there specific lengths they are supposed to be? Does thickness
count. One of them is a Royce model 2-100 the other is an American
Electronics 95-135. I know they are cheapies but I like old equipment.

I've built FS Meters using anything from copper welding rod to one
nice one with a rubber duck antenna. I liked the simple copper rod the
best. The rubber duck worked as well, it just looked better...