Old January 23rd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default HF-Ground

I disagree. Transmission lines have two conductors. Radials don't.
Roy, try using your imagination!

My "Electronics Equations Handbook" gives the specifications
for a "SINCLE-WIRE ABOVE-GROUND TRANSMISSION LINE" including
Z0, C, L, and resistivity adjusted for frequency.

Don't forget the single-conductor transmission line invented by Goubau
and named "G-Line" in his honor. Quoting from page 164 of my 1972 copy
of "The Radio Amateur's VHF Manual":

"The basic idea is that a single conductor can be an almost loseless
transmisison line at untra-high frequencies, if a suitable launching
device is used. A similar launcher is placed at the other end.
Basically the launcher is a cone-shaped device which is a flared
extension of the coaxial feedline...."

--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge