Old January 23rd 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ted Bruce

Default how can a casette deck receive a radio program

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:49:06 +0100, "Siggi"
wrote:

Sorry, folks, I am not a radio amateur, but this question puzzles me for
years, ever since I heared radio programs in an ordinary audio recorder or
now, in the speakers of my PC. Admitted, we live close to a lot of short
wave staions, but how can this be? is it diodes in my PC that do the job?
An electrical engineer friend told me he knows other friends having the same
experience, but suggested I ask a radi newsgroup. Here I am.

Can you help me?

Thanks, Siggi

P.S. As a child I experimented with a high-resistance speakers and a copper
penny - heated on one side to function as a detector - but then this was a
(crude) detector!

When I was a kid back in the early '60's, our welded-wire fence picked
up the local AM station.