Old January 23rd 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Wanted: whip for Lowe HF-225 & advice on power supply

In article .com,
"Avery W3AVE" wrote:

The 225 I just won on ebay turns out not to have the factory-supplied
whip, which I'd like to have because I like my radios to be complete
and because it might come in handy. Lowe no longer ships to the U.S.,
and I don't know anybody in G.B. who might ship it for me. Besides,
shipping probably would cost twice as much as the antenna.

Any ideas for a source?

The AC adapter also is missing. What's the best way to prevent a wall
wart from creating a hum problem, or should I just get a real power
supply (regulated, nonswitching)?

You want the power supply "wall wart" to be a linear regulator type that
uses a transformer and is bypassed for low noise.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California