Old January 24th 06, 08:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Frank Gilliland

Default Robeson's Rules

On 18 Jan 2006 22:49:14 -0800, wrote in
.com:

From: Dave Heil on Jan 18, 8:26 pm

wrote:

Poseurs DO have that problem..."tripping the light fantastic"
all the time.

You have a point, Leonard.

One example would be your involvement in amateur radio.

CAN'T YOU GET ANYTHING RIGHT, DAVID D#######?

Obviously NOT, judging by trotting out that old sway-backed
"involvement" nonsense. Amateurism is NOT a closed
community. There are only the close-minded individuals in
amateur radio who imagine themselves gods of radio.

Listen UP, David.....

Ditto. And I gotta add my two pieces of zinc:

You don't need a license to build a receiver. You don't need a license
to listen to shortwave broadcasts; or to work a CB or FRS radio; or to
get a station's card (I have hundreds); or to transmit on most of the
spectrum with very low power; or to design and build a band-specific
antenna on a tower; or to study and learn radio fundamentals; or even
to transmit from a licensed amateur station provided it is supervised
by the station's licensee. You don't need a license to be an amateur.
Even as a PROFESSIONAL in the field of radio I didn't need a license.
Basically, the only thing an Amateur Radio License grants you is the
ability to transmit at power levels greater than those specified in
Part 15. Every other aspect of amateur radio communication can be done
-WITHOUT A LICENSE-. The sooner these sooper-dooper hambos realize
this little factoid the better.