Old January 24th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Default Wanted: whip for Lowe HF-225 & advice on power supply

Avery W3AVE wrote:

Yup, I realized that's all I need to do when I saw a photo of the rear.
But I think I'll pull out one of my old Weller guns. More authentic for
a job like this.

I remember flattening the centre of a bit of 14 guage solid wire for a
home made replacement tip on those things.The gun was handy for one or
two solder joints, but after that,soon became a pain.

I've preferred the pencil type ever since. I've found around thirty five
watts works for everything I do...well, not EVERYTHING, but a propane
torch handles those jobs.

mike