Old January 24th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Frank Gilliland

Default Feeble Five Flailings

On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:

snip
Ditto. And I gotta add my two pieces of zinc:

You don't need a license to build a receiver. You don't need a license
to listen to shortwave broadcasts; or to work a CB or FRS radio; or to
get a station's card (I have hundreds); or to transmit on most of the
spectrum with very low power;...(SNIP)

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

http://www.lwca.org/sitepage/part15/index.htm