Old July 17th 04, 04:01 PM
larry

Default computer modem problem

Greetings, fellow amateurs.

I realise that this question is not about amateur radio digital but you may
be able to give me some directivity...

I have been trying to get back into amateur radio for the past year and am
having a great deal of problems with my computer high speed modem.

Today I connected my hf radio to my outdoor antenna, random wire, and the s
meter was reading about mid scale.... s7 ish.

I unplugged my highspeed modem and the s meter went down to about s 1. S 1
being atmospheric noise, I assume..

Does anyone know how to get rid of the modem noise? without disconnecting
it....

Larry ve3fxq

p.s. I have not contacted rogers, as yet, but plan to soon....