Old January 24th 06, 11:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ

Default More Markie Mularkie

an_old_friend wrote:

A blatant lie: " steve puts down a segment of the hobby"

K4YZ wrote:
Frankie of Silliland wrote:
On 24 Jan 2006 06:40:31 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
.com:

SO little power that, if you do so legally, can't be heard across
the parking lot, let alone across town, state or country...

Well, I can't let this opportunity slide by.....

Yes, Frankie...we all know of the occassions where someone has made
some amazing contacts using miliwatt powers...

realy it wasn't clear uou knew that

What's a(n) "uou"...?!?!

Now...Make those contacts CONSISTENTLY...

why is that a criteria?

Because Frankie wants to make a point that it's possible to operate
an unlicensed transmitter on HF spectrum. That's true.

However at those power levels one cannot communicate effectively
and consistently.

If all you want to do is be able to claim you radiate RF on HF, be
my guest...Fire up all the Part 15 transmitters you want to in any mode
you want to.

Good luck.

Steve, K4YZ