Old January 25th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.design
Tobin Fricke

Default WWV receiver

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, John S. wrote:

Are you looking to decode the data transmissions or listen to the voice
signals. If the former it may take something more sophisticated because
you will have to feed a decoder.

I'm interested in both. From the radio perspective, I'll certainly be
happy (but not satisfied) when I am able to hear the station's audio.
However, I was thinking this would be a good project in part because it
leads to the logical extension of decoding the time signals. My plan of
attack is to first try to get the audio, then try inputting it to the
audio input of a PC and writing a program to decode the time signal, and
finally implementing some kind of microprocessor-based decoder.

Tobin Fricke
--
http://web.pas.rochester.edu/~tobin/