Old January 25th 06, 04:52 PM
weatherall weatherall is offline
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngu
...read quite a number of
reviews on Sangean ATS-909 and Sony ICF-7600GR on the web but am unable
to decide which one to buy.

BTW, both the Sangean ATS-909 and Sony ICF-7600GR have been around since
2001. Should I wait for their replacement model?
Sony still seems to offer the SW7600GR but I do not personally expect them to come out with new shortwave receivers. I've heard that their discontinued 2010 model had a better synchronous detector feature, so it's unfortunate that the SW7600GR is now their top offering.

As for Sangean, I haven't really heard anything from them since I got into this hobby last summer. I don't know what they could be planning.

Do you know about the Super 909 that is offered by radiolabs.com? Supposedly, out of the box, the ATS-909 has weak AM and SW reception, and one of the mods in the Super 909 is enhanced reception. The blue backlit screen looks very cool too. More details on this package are on the radiolabs website. The price is over US$300 though.

I use a SW7600GR and I'm happy with it. The alphanumeric memories offered by the ATS-909 seems nice but I find that I hardly use memories anyway. I use direct frequency entry and scanning instead.
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/