Old January 25th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Charly

Default ATS-909 vs. 7600GR : 909 battery consumption is not that bad...

Hello all,

I want to give a word about the 909 battery consumption. I don't have (and never
had) the Sony, so I will not compare.

I mostly use the 909 with the A/C adapter (at home mainly), so no battery
issues. At home the A/C adapter brings no noise into the radio, even with
computer working near by (the PC is on the ground floor, and the radio in the
room just above, on the 1st floor).

I use batteries in hotels when travelling, since hotel's power networks seam to
bring a *LOT OF NOISE*... So : using the radio on batteries more than two hours
a day, during two weeks, eat half of the battery, according to the battery meter
of the radio.

So far I'm happy with that result and I'm thinking of buying a set the
rechargeable batteries...

Charly