Old January 25th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
junius

Default Sangean ATS-909 vs. Sony ICF-7600GR

Joe Analssandrini wrote:

I have personally owned two Sangean radios - the ATA-808A and the
ATS-606AP (both made in Taiwan as is the ATS-909) - both of which
"died" after rather short lives. In my opinion, Sangean radios are not
constructed with a great deal of integrity.

I've used the 606A as a knock-about radio for about 5 years now. It
has held up pretty well, by and large. Only once did I have a problem
- when the LCD temporarily went out (for about 2 days) during a monsoon
season in the Western Ghats. I guess that was attributable to the
excessive moisture in the air.

I will agree with you, though, that Sony radios seem to be built to a
higher standard, although I don't know why they couldn't put a half-way
decent FM section in the 'SW77.

junius