Old January 26th 06, 11:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
James Douglas

Default Ultra Newbie Wants Help

Jeff wrote:
Well, I just bought my first SW receiver and I have very little
experience with listening to SW.

For a start, I am looking for a few higher-powered and good quality
stations to make sure everything is working properly and to set the
standard (for me) for decent reception. Can someone post a few of the
better stations, frequencies, and best listening times? I am located in
eastern Canada.

Thanks

Google is wonderful, download ShortWaveLog program, it has tons on good
information, you will have to spend a few minutes get it's data from
various sources but well worth the time and effort.