Old July 4th 04, 01:10 AM
Doz

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I've corrected the 9600 port speed. It was correct at 4800 but I
reconfigured the tnc to 9600 now. bpqconfig file reflects this too.

I'm getting confused at all the "ports"...

Lets deal with BPQ seperate... as I think this is where the problem lies.
It just can't seem to see the tnc.

Here is the relevant entry in the config file...

; The basic format is:
;
; TNCPORT
; COM=n ; COMBIOS port number
; APPLMASK=nn ; Defaults to 1 (BBS)
; APPLFLAGS=nn ; Defaults to 6
; ENDPORT
;
;
; Dont try to define more than 16 ports.
;
TNCPORT
COM=1
ENDPORT

;
; AX25 PORT DEFINITIONS
;
;

PORT
ID=144.950 Mhz 1200 Baud
TYPE=ASYNC
PROTOCOL=KISS
IOADDR=3F8H
INTLEVEL=4
SPEED=9600
CHANNEL=A
QUALITY=10
MAXFRAME=2
TXDELAY=500
SLOTTIME=100
PERSIST=64
FULLDUP=0
FRACK=7000
RESPTIME=2000
RETRIES=10
PACLEN=120

ENDPORT

The TNC is on com1 3F8H irq 4 - standard settings.

The tnc works fine under windows hyperterm direct to com1.

I run BPQCODE from the autoexec before windows starts... all is ok...no
errors..
Also a BPQ info message pops up before windows boot ... all seems normal.

Am I missing something here ?

Thanks,

Doz

"Steve" wrote in message
In article , (Doz)
wrote:

I have both software installed - latest Winfbb and BPQ 4.08b (with
ll's) - onto a windows 95 osr2 box

Not used WinFBB, the last version I ran was 5.15, but hey, I'll give
anything a go ! ;-)

However... I don't have a clue on the routes... ports.. virtual or
otherwise!? The tnc is a tiny2 in kiss mode and can be accessed from
windows using Hyperterminal.

What are you seeing, it should be complete gibberish.???

BPQ
; For Version 4.08
;
;
; Configuration Options
;
BBS=1 ; INCLUDE BBS SUPPORT
NODE=0 ; INCLUDE SWITCH SUPPORT
;

Are you sure ???

I had mine set to NODE=1

PORT
ID=144.950 Mhz 1200 Baud
TYPE=ASYNC
PROTOCOL=KISS
IOADDR=3F8H
INTLEVEL=4
SPEED=4800

really...? 9k6 is the norm.

CHANNEL=A
QUALITY=10
MAXFRAME=2
TXDELAY=500
SLOTTIME=100
PERSIST=64
FULLDUP=0
FRACK=7000
RESPTIME=2000
RETRIES=10
PACLEN=120

ENDPORT

everything else looks in order. I'll load up mine and compare a little
later when I've had caffeine and nicotine ;-)

BTW, you DID compile the bqgcfg.txt didn't you ;-)

HTH

- Steve