Old January 27th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Me

Default Astron Power Supply problem

In article . com,
wrote:

Me wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

....[snip]....
and they didn't have any 1000uf but they did have some 470uf caps so I
put two of them in parallel to get close to see if it mattered....
^^^^^^^^

I sure hope you meant "series"!-)
---

I hope you are an underclassman, who hasn't actually taken any college
level classes in Electronics Design or Circuit Evaluation. If not,
you definitly ask for your money back, because you didn't learn anything.

Me

2 470uf in parallel is close to 1000uf. This was on the Extra class
Ham exam. I got my ticket 40 years ago. Why do you think an Amateur
Radio Operator should necessarily have college level Electronics Design
Experience? This is an Amateur newsgroup, unless cross-posting.
Gary N4AST

Gary, I was not commenting on the OP's statement, but the responders
question about capacitors in "SERIES".... If you will notice, in the
header of his responce, he is posting from ksu.edu which is a university.
Therefor he is either a Student, Professor, or Staff at that institution,
and should have known better, than to post such a STUPID Reply.

I notice that his Reply, also went right over your head as well, because
you didn't seem to realise that his "SERIES" comment was really LAME.

Just goes to show that even an Extra Class, can't read acuratly all thew
time......

Me