Old January 27th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dan/W4NTI

Default 3V8 would not work Isreal Ham

"L. M. Rappaport" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 07:04:24 +0000, Walt Davidson
wrote (with possible editing):

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 03:15:01 GMT, "David Thompson"
wrote:

...snip

It's not so long ago that the USA had a list of "banned countries"
that USA radio amateurs were forbidded to communicate with.

73 de G3NYY

That's news to me. We had a list of countries with whom we were not
allowed to pass third party traffic, but those came about because the
banned countries prohibited third party traffic. I've been licensed
continuously since 1954, I may have missed this so-called ban, but I
don't think so. No flame,
--

73,
Larry W1HJF

We most certainly DID have a banned country list. Off the top of my head I
remember the following;

CUBA
Vietnam
China