Old September 23rd 04, 09:57 PM
Jim Haynes

In article ,
David Harper wrote:
So, where can I get a good comm program that has RTTY capability
(ideally freeware, to get started with) for my computer?

You couls start with a google search for "rtty12g" which is a very
old program written in BASIC to run under DOS. That's a program I
have used to make a TTY machine play in a museum situation.

Or there's the modern free MMTTY program, which is intended for running
RTTY on the air, but it has an output to FSK key the transmitter and you
can use that to drive a TTY machine (through a suitable driver circuit
of course) What it doesn't do, and I wish it did, is while receiving
to output "cleaned up" TTY signals so they could go to a printer.
--

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net