Old January 28th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Coax Burying ?

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 03:09:57 GMT, m II wrote:

Telamon wrote:

Using a PVC conduit is a good idea. Use a pull string and leave one
inside the conduit in case you want to add cables or other wires in the
future. Use a couple of elbows to point the openings down so water does
not get inside.

With PVC pipe, it's a good idea to drill a drain hole at the lowest
point, for drainage. Even if rain doesn't get in, there will still be
water in the pipe from condensation.

Warm air gets into the stuff and the soil cools it down. Any water
vapour in the air settles out.

A wad of Duxseal or similar duct putty on the ends of the pipe/conduit,
sealing the coax, is also in order\0\0\0

Seems to me the plastic pipe doesn't help at all, except for
mechanical protection. All my utilities are underground and all are
just PVC jackets in the dirt (except for gas, water, and wa