Old January 29th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default 102" whip

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:40:30 -0800, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:53:53 -0500, wrote in
:

On 24 Jan 2006 19:28:09 -0800,
wrote:

Im thinking of getting a 102" whip, I dont think I need the spring
because of where im mounting it. But is it nessesary? Should I get it
with the whip ?

You don't need the 102" stainless. I will re-post two separate tests
that confirmed that an antenna like the X-Terminator can perform
better than the 102" stainless.

*The main reason I did the test in the first place was to debunk the
notion that a short antenna like the X-Terminator could outperform the
102" stainless. I couldn't debunk it.

snip

I debunked -your- tests a long time ago, tnom:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...54d79ae?hl=en&

You didn't debunk anything. The only thing you did was unnecessarily
swamp the issue with your dribble and conjecture.It does nothing
to prove that a 102'' Stainless Steel whip will outperform the
X-Terminator. If you really wanted to prove it you'd run the test.
You don't because it would upset your thinking on antennas.

Then, like now, you resorted to name-calling to back up your results.

I said you might have cooties, I said you are dishonorable, but I
never resorted to name calling.

* I can now officially call you a name because you falsely accused me
of name calling. The truth can now be said. You are a liar.