Old January 29th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Bob Bob

Default They work!! Even into shortwave!!

Well done Frank!

Re the CRO loading. I quite often use the loosest coupling I can when
aligning things, even to the point of touching the probe to an insulated
part of the board or attaching a small "antenna" to the probe tip.
Whether this works well depends on the frequency of course!

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

Frank wrote:
The LM3820's I bought cheap do work just fine. I didn't realize the
scope probe was loading down the oscillator, keeping it from going
above 5MHZm when that dawned on me, and I switched the probe to X10,