Old January 30th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

Default some attenna the issue I am interestedin is Bandwidth of theanttena

wrote:
with the report and order on the horizion in the Ham I looking to
assemble a antenna to cover ham 12 across ham ten 10m band meaning it
also sweeps up CB stuff

any advice (asking hams of in antenna is good way to learn about
politic not antennas

An antenna is a reactive device. At only one frequency there is no
inductive (too long) or capacitive (too short) reactance.

Acceptable bandwidth of 2.0:1 SWR is greater in full size antennas
without loading coils or capacity hats. However, no fixed antenna
will cover 12 to 10 without an adjustable matching network AT THE
FEEDPOINT. An antenna tuner at the radio end of the coax only serves
to make the radio see a happy 50 ohms but does not correct the mismatch
at the antenna.

May I suggest a trip to your local public library and look in 621
for books to learn more then I can type to you in a reasonable
amount of time.