Old August 26th 04, 02:40 PM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article ,
says...

Hi. Is there any way that someone could experiment w/ RTTY w/o a HAM
license? Perhaps w/ a MUR?

MURS frequencies are limited to two watts power out, no matter if
you're base or mobile.

To answer the why question, just because I'm curious. Thanks.

I guess the answer would be along the lines of "I guess you could,
but why bother?"

Getting an amateur license at least gives you some of the
electronics background you'll need to enjoy such experimentation a lot
more than you might otherwise.

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm --
www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"