Old January 31st 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Ray - KU2S

Default 30 Steps for all New Hams

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 22:37:38 GMT, "Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL"
wrote:

Thanks to WA8ULX for original post.
KB7ADL

The 30 Steps below will help all New Hams, it will also help you to find
others just like yourself. These 30 steps should also be added to the
present writtens.

Step One: Use as many "Q" signals as possible. Yes, I know they were
invented solely for CW and are totally inappropriate for two meter FM, but
they are fun and entertaining. They keep people guessing as to what you
really meant. I.E. "I'm going to QSY to the phone." Can you really change
frequencies to the phone? QSL used to mean, "I am acknowledging receipt",
but now it appears to mean, "yes" or "OK". I guess I missed it when the
ARRL changed the meaning. It is also best to use "OK" and "QSL" together.
Redundancy is the better part of Lid-dom.

mucho snippage...

Step Thirty: If the repeater is off the air for service, complain about
the fact that it was off the air as soon as it's turned back on. Act as
though your entire day has been ruined because the repeater wasn't
available when you wanted to use it. Even thought you have never paid a
penny to help out with the upkeep of it.

You forgot one...

Step Thirty-one: When, after attempting to make contact on a repeater
with another in-duh-vidual has resulted in no reply, please announce
that fact so that we ALL know that you've been snubbed. For example:
"K2FQ, K2FQ, this is W3LID" (pause) "Nothing heard. W3LID standing
by."
Raymond A. Sirois - KU2S
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS
telnet://thelostchord.dns2go.com:6023