Old January 31st 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Frank Dresser

Default How old are you?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just a question that has been rattling around in the gourd. What age
group are B/A enthusiast-type folks here on the Net? I know we have the
folks from when they (the B/A's) were the most active (and I'm talking
SX11 here), but I wonder if there's a large following of Boomers that
picked up on it too.

There's plenty, if you define the boomers as those born between the late 40s
and early 60s. Probably the majority on this group, as we are the most
likely to have some sort of interest in both computers and vacuum tube
electronics.

I only say this because I don't see as many
30's-40's-50's people at the Hamfests and other gatherings as I see my
elders (Gentlemen, all). So the question bubbles up outta the tar? How
old are the folks on rec.radio.amateur.boatanchor?
rgds, Mark S.

I'll be 49 in a few days. Although I'm not a ham, I've been to a few
hamfests. I'd guess the bulk of the guys at the fests were retired guys,
but that might only mean that retired guys have more free time. But it's my
sense that younger people have less interest in vacuum tube electronics, and
most of what interest they have is in hi-fi audio and guitar amps.

Frank Dresser