Old February 1st 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Bob Bob

Default Can't run TCP/IP through AX.25 using Linux

Oh and another thing

PPP may be much more desirable because you can get huge compression
gains (ie using BSD or deflate compression) I use to use it over an old
28K8 modem connection and got data rates in the order of 20-30x when
moving logfiles around. As its compressed before it gets to the modem
you arent limited by the 115K2 DTE rate either..

Cheers Bob VK2YQA

wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a wireless link between two Linux using ConnexLink
900 MHz serial modems (
http://www.aerocomm.com/Devices/link.htm). One
side (ali) is a regular PC running Debian Linux testing and the other
side (SLUG) is a NSLU2 running N7IPB's OpenSlug mod
(http://wetnet.net/).