Old February 1st 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
an_old_friend

Default sounds like teletype

Brian Denley wrote:
Ron Baker, Pluralitas! wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message
In article . net,
(Jim Haynes) wrote:

Except for the amateur radio bands, there is very very little stuff
that sounds like teletype that is decodable these days. Most of
what you hear is synchronous and probably encrypted.

I'm not a ham and don't know the rules but it might be illegal for
them to use encryption. If this is not true I'm sure someone will
correct my speculation.

You are correct.
Hams are prohibited from sending coded communications.

How do you explain CW?

an aside I find it amusing that a memebr of NCI is explain this but Ron
Baker's statement is incorrect because it is incomplete he should have
type (caps mine) "Hams are prohibited from sending SECRECTLY coded
communications."

Morse Encoded OOKed CW is not asecert the same rule allows PSK #! the
code is known, there was a discusion last July i think on RRAP to the
effect that Likely a coded messge by some PGP could be send over ARS if
the loctcation of all the keys were tranmited in the clear. it was
alsoagreed that the FCC would likely fght that battle out

--
Brian Denley