Old February 1st 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
N1KI

Default naming names - DX lids

I am not sure if this is appropriate under this subject, but it may
help explain what is going on. A few weeks ago I spent an evening
when 80 meters was open to Europe listening around the lower CW
portion of the band. Several stations were CQ'ing with no callers,
but they would have an instant pile up shortly after I "spotted" them
on the clusters. I suspect many of these had called before ever
hearing the DX station.

Horses are the only animal I know whose body can travel in separate
parts. Unfortunately, we all know which part we most frequently
encounter on the bands....